Federal Agencies - Getting Help
One of my most important responsibilities is to make sure the federal government is working for you.
If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a reasonable time or you've been treated unfairly, we're here to help resolve the problem or get you the information you need:
Problems with veterans benefits, eligibility determinations, VA home loans, and replacements of medals earned.
Social Security Help with Social Security benefits, eligibility or missing checks.
Immigration We help with naturalization applications, immigrant petitions for relatives and adjustment of status applications that are delayed or lost.
Problems with housing vouchers, federal loan programs and HUD.
Getting passports in an emergency, lost passports and overseas travel restrictions.
Residents of the 6th Congressional District of VA can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.
Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Click here to fill out the Privacy Release Form, print it, sign it and mail it to the address shown on the document. Please include any other documents or material that you think would help my office help you. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
**If you are in need of immediate assistance from Congressman Goodlatte within the next 24 to 48 hours, please call the Sixth District office closest to you. Otherwise, you are encouraged to submit your request for assistance via email and it will be answered in a timely manner.