Federal government offices in or around the 6th District
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHA)
- Salem District
- Staunton District
- Internal Revenue Service
- Railroad Retirement Board
- Secret Service
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Harrisonburg Contract Outpatient Clinic
- Lynchburg CBOC
- Roanoke Regional Office
- Roanoke Vet Center
- Salem VA Medical Center
- Staunton National Cemetery
- U.S. Forest Service
- George Washington and Jefferson National Forests
Federal Courts with Jurisdiction over the 6th District
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Judicial Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Veterans Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Other Federal Judicial Agencies
- Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
- Federal Judicial Center
- tutorial on the Federal court system
- U.S. Sentencing Commission
Other Government Information
Some Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Social Security and Medicare
My office can help you with determining Social Security benefits, as well as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicare eligibility.
- Do you want to know if you qualify for disability and SSI? Use Social Security's Screening Tool (BEST) to check if you do.
- Do you need information on how to apply for Medicare? Go to the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Do you have other general questions about Social Security benefits? Find an answer on the Social Security Administration's Answers to Your Questions page.
My office can assist you with receiving benefits, eligibility determination, and replacement of medals earned.
- Would you like to apply for veterans benefits? Use VONAPP to apply online.
- Would you like to appeal a decision? Find out how at the Board of Veterans Appeals.
We can help you expedite your passport application in an emergency, report lost passports, and monitor overseas travel restrictions.
- For general questions regarding the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs passport services, see the State Department's Frequently Requested Information Web page.
My office can help with immigration petitions, adjustments of status, naturalization and non-immigrant petitions that have been delayed or lost.
- Do you need to schedule an appointment with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)? Use InfoPass to make an appointment online.
- Are you wondering when an immigrant visa will become available to you or a family member? You can find out by reviewing the State Department's Visa Bulletin.
- Do you need to find out how to file an application with USCIS? Go to Forms and Fees (836KB PDF) on the USCIS Web site.
- Do you have other general questions about immigration and naturalization? Find an answer on the USCIS Frequently Asked Questions Web page.
Small Business Owners
Resources for small business owners can be found on the Small Business Administration website.