GOODLATTE NAMES JUDICIARY SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIRMEN FOR THE 113TH CONGRESS
WASHINGTON, D.C.: Today Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), incoming Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, announced the Judiciary subcommittee chairmen for the 113th Congress.
“I intend to name these hard-working Members to Judiciary Committee subcommittee chairmanships for the 113th Congress,” said Chairman-elect Bob Goodlatte. “The House Judiciary Committee will certainly be at the forefront of some of the most significant issues of our day and I am confident that we have assembled the right team to tackle these pressing issues, which will include promoting a pro-growth agenda that will help to create jobs and restore economic prosperity to America.”
The new subcommittee chairmen for the 113th Congress are as follows:
• Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice – Rep. Trent Franks (AZ-02)
• Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property and the Internet – Rep. Howard Coble (NC-06)
• Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations – Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (WI-05)
• Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security – Rep. Trey Gowdy (SC-04)
• Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform, Commercial and Antitrust Law – Rep. Spencer Bachus (AL-06)
The subcommittee names and jurisdiction will be approved as part of the Judiciary Committee rules which will occur during an organizational meeting in early January.